Nars Desire/Laguna Blush - Bronzer Duo

22 Jun 2014




One swatch 

Hey everyone!

A couple of months ago I did something bad... Really bad, I checked out the NARS website and made my first ever order... dun dun duun. I have had my eye on the coveted Laguna bronzer for a couple of years now, ever since I got into blogs and YouTube and heard all the hype surrounding it.
I had every intention of buying the full size product when I logged onto the website, until I saw this exclusive blush/ bronzer duo for just a couple of pounds difference, so I figured it could be quite interesting to try out 2 products instead of one and the order was placed!
I have been using this product almost every day since it arrived, at first I was apprehensive Laguna looked too warm and the blush looked too pink, like really, really pink but actually this little product is something special. 
Laguna is described as a defused brown with golden shimmer, I use this product to contour and don't find the shimmer to be transferred onto skin. Laguna isn't overly pigmented, something that did surprise me a little when I first swatched it considering how everyone always raves about it and the general quality of other NARS products, however I have heard that the pigment quality does waver a wee bit when it comes to duos so that is something to be aware of when purchasing this product. Despite this I actually find Laguna really lovely, it is very buildable great for someone with a heavy hand like myself, less room to make mistakes. 
As for the blush, Desire is described as a delicate bright pink, which I would agree with. It is a bright, matte, blue toned pink. I will admit it does look terrifying in the pan, but once applied it creates the nicest natural flush to the cheeks. Unlike Laguna, Desire is a lot more pigmented so I would recommend using sparingly! The two products compliment each other really well and are my current favourite colour combination for summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment