Quick review // Clinique chubby stick with Glamour magazine

27 Jul 2014


Like a lot of people, I am a sucker for a magazine freebie, the good ones don't come around as often as I like but when they do I will always try to snap them up. Recently I saw a few people buzzing about the current offerings from Glamour magazine, I decided to head over to my local co-op and pick up a copy. There were 3 different products to choose from all from Clinique I opted for the chubby stick - the colour looked pretty and I've actually wanted to try one for a long time. The product itself is of course a sample size but you do get a decent amount of product for the £2 price tag of the magazine.
The colour I got was 06 woppin' watermelon - love the name, not too fussed on the product. The first thing I noticed when first applying this was that it was unscented, slightly disappointing - I know that Clinique are known for their non scented products but for my lipsticks I do like a nice smell. The product itself is comfortable on the lips they're smooth and not at all sticky, the colour  is a pretty mid toned pink which is quite glossy however, there isn't a lot of colour payoff it's more of a lip balm in my opinion.
 Unfortunately I don't actually like the colour and I don't find glossy lips very flattering on me so I probably won't be wearing this a lot.
 All in all I am happy to have got this for free and I will probably use it up at some point but I do not think I would repurchase this particular colour, If I were to find a darker colour like voluptuous violet I could possibly be tempted but at £17 I don't think they are worth the price tag and you can find plenty of comparable lip sticks in boots for a fraction of the price.

4 comments:

  1. im not a huge fan of glossy lips either and its a shame youre not too keen on the colour! id love it if youd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2014/07/white-mesh.html xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its a shame you didnt love this product! Ive never actually tried any products from Clinique!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love chubby sticks. But some of the shades are more difficult than others.

    gingercatqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I agree, would love to try a darker red or purple shade! x

      Delete