September beauty favourites

2 Oct 2013


September passed me by in such a blur it was difficult for me to collect a selection of things I have been loving throughout the month. I haven't really done a good job at keeping up with this monthly favourites thing, mostly because I tend not to venture out of my comfort zone much, I know what I like and I stick with that.
 This month, however, I have been using a couple of new products especially skin care wise, I purchased a new cleanser at the beginning of the month and had one of the worst skin reactions I have ever experienced because of it, seriously not a good look. As my skin is so sensitive its always a risk trying out new skin care products, my skin also isn't great at repairing itself very fast so any spots I do get take forever to heal and I'm then left with scars which also don't heal. Sadface.

Anyway onto the favourites!


Swatches L-R- Smog, Toasted, Sidecar

Seventeen Beehive 

1. Urban decay Naked palette £37.00 (Link): This month I have been leaning towards simple make up a lot more, possibly due to laziness, never the less my naked pallette has come in rather handy for this when I feel like just using one colour across the lids to liven up a plain face my favourite colours to use have been Smog, Toasted and Sidecar (swatches above).

2. La roche posay effaclar duo £13.00 (Link): I purchased this around the same time as my mega skin break out and became slightly suspicious of it not knowing weather it was the culprit or not. Since I've tried this out again I have been pleasantly surprised with the results, I use this product as a serum after cleansing and before my moisturiser and it seems to work ok although I'm not totally sure what it does, it seems to be helping my skin so its a winner for me!

3. Soap and Glory for daily youth moisture lotion £12.00 (Link): I picked this product up on a whim a few weeks ago because I needed a new moisturiser and simply wanted to try something new. I really like this moisturiser, it smells heavenly- like peaches and feels very hydrating on the skin. I use this both morning and night and find it gentle enough even on my sensitive skin.

4.  Origins super spot remover £14.00 (Link): Simply a godsend for me this month. Applied to a blemish with a cotton bud over night I find this just calms the blemish and speeds up the healing process. I try not to use this so often because it does dry out my skin if overused.

5. Rimmel salon pro kate nail polish- Rock N' Roll £4.49 (Link): I am a huge fan of this range of nail polish and have featured a few other colours in other posts. I love this dark vintage red it looks very classic on the nails and it is perfect for the autumn/winter months

6. Seventeen mirror shine lipstick in Beehive £4.79 (Link): An old favourite I rediscovered recently, the perfect peachy, nude shade for my skin tone. Despite usually steering away from glossy finishes I really like the glossy look of this lipstick and I also love the new packing of Seventeens lipstick range.

What are your favourites for last month?

No comments:

Post a Comment